- Contact: email@example.com
MBBS Medical School, University of Queensland, Brisbane
BSc (Pathology) University of Queensland, Brisbane
PhD (Immunology) Walter and Eliza Hall Institute, Melbourne
|1972-1974||Research staff, Basel Institute for Immunology, Basel, Switzerland|
|1974-1976||Research staff, Tumor Immunology Unit, Department of Zoology, University College, London, UK|
|1976-1977||Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA|
|1977-1980||Associated Professor, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA|
|1980-1983||Professor, Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA|
|1984-2000||Adjunct Professor, Department of Biology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA|
|1984-2006||Professor, Department of Immunology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, USA|
|2006-present||Adjunct Professor, Department of Immunology, The Scripps Institute, La Jolla, California, USA|
|2006-present||Professor, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghust NSW 2010, Australia|
|1980-present||Member, American Association of Immunologists|
|1993-1996||Councillor, American Association of Immunologists|
|1996-1998||Councillor, International Union of Immunological Societies|
|1997-1998||Vice President, American Association of Immunologists|
|1998-present||Fellow of the Royal Society (UK)|
|1998-1999||President, American Association of Immunologists|
|2005-present||Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science|
|2006-present||Honorary Member, British Society of Immunology|
|1977-1987||Advisory Editor, Experimental Cell Biology|
|1979-1983||Associate Editor, Journal of Immunology|
|1979-1995||Advisory Editor, Annals of Immunology|
|1979-present||Advisory Editor, Journal of Experimental Medicine|
|1984-1996||Advisory Editor, Cellular Immunology|
|1987-present||Editorial Advisor, Immunology and Cell Biology|
|1992-present||Advisory Editor, Transplantation Immunology|
|1993-present||Editorial Board Member, Immunity|
|1995-present||Editorial Board Member, Scandinavian Journal of Immunology|
Fellow of the Royal Society
Fellow of the Australian Academy
Honorary member, British Society of Immunology
J.Allyn Taylor International Prize in Medicine
1998 President of the American Association of Immunologists
- Surh CD, Sprent J. TGF-beta puts the brakes on homeostatic proliferation. Nat Immunol. 2012
- Boyman O, Sprent J. The role of IL-2 during homeostasis and activation of the immune system. Nat Rev Immunol. 2012
- King C, Sprent J. Emerging cellular networks for regulation of T follicular helper cells. Trends in Immunol. 2012
- Sprent J. Surh CD. Normal T cell homeostasis: the conversion of naive cells into memory-phenotype cells. Nat Immunol. 2011
- Yabas M, Teh CE, Frankenreiter S, Lal D, Roots CM, Whittle B, Andrews DT, Zhang Y, Teoh NC, Sprent J, Tze LE, Kucharska EM, Kofler J, Farell GC, Broer S, Goodnow CC, Enders A. ATP11c is critical for the internalization of phosphatidylserine and differentiation of B lymphocytes. Nat Immunol. 2011
- Martin CE, Kim DM, Sprent J, Surh CD. Is IL-7 from dendritic cells essential for the homeostasis of CD4+ T cells? Nat Immunol 2010
- Cho JH, Kim HO, Surh CD, Sprent J. T cell receptor-dependent regulation of lipid rafts controls naive CD8+ T cell homeostasis. Immunity 2010
- Surh CD, Sprent J. Glimpsing the real CD4+ T cell response. Nat Immunol 2010
- Van Leeuwen EM, Sprent J, Surh CD. Generation and maintenance of memory CD4+ T cells. Curr Opin Immunol 2009
- Surh CD, Sprent J. Homeostasis of naive and memory T cells. Immunity 2008
- Vogelzang A, McGuire HM, Yu D, Sprent J, Mackay CR, King C. A fundamental role for IL-21 in the generation of T follicular helper cells. Immunity 2008
- Boyman O, Purton JF, Surh CD, Sprent J. Cytokines and T-cell homeostasis. Curr Opin Immunol 2007.
- Purton JF, Tan JT, Rubinstein MP, Kim DM, Sprent J, Surh CD. Antiviral CD4+ memory T cells are IL-15 dependent. J Exp Med 2007; 204(4):951-61.
- Boyman O, Kovar M, Rubinstein MP, Surh CD, Sprent J. Selective stimulation of T cell subsets with antibody-cytokine immune complexes. Science 2006; 311(5769):1924-7.
- Ishimaru N, Kishimoto H, Hayashi Y, Sprent J. Regulation of naive T cell function by the NF-kappaB2 pathway. Nat Immunol 2006; 7(7):763-72.
- Surh CD, Sprent J. On the TRAIL of homeostatic memory T cells. Nat Immunol 2006; 7(5):439-41.
- Rubinstein MP, Kovar M, Purton JF, Cho JH, Boyman O, Surh CD, Sprent J. Converting IL-15 to a superagonist by binding to soluble IL-15Ralpha. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2006; 103(24):9166-71.
- McKay D, Shigeoka A, Rubinstein M, Surh C, Sprent J. Simultaneous deletion of MyD88 and Trif delays major histocompatibility and minor antigen mismatch allograft rejection. Eur J Immunol 2006; 36(8):1994-2002.
- Kovar M, Boyman O, Shen X, Hwang I, Kohler R, Sprent J. Direct stimulation of T cells by membrane vesicles from antigen-presenting cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2006; 103(31):11671-6.
- Boyman O, Cho JH, Tan JT, Surh CD, Sprent J. A major histocompatibility complex class I-dependent subset of memory phenotype CD8+ cells. J Exp Med 2006; 203(7):1817-25.